Webinar & in person: Dealing with High Conflict Personalities
|Ken Proudman - view Arbitrator profile|
BARR LLP (Alberta)
Hosted by LESA in Alberta from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on November 2, 2023
This is the registration page for Dealing with High Conflict Personalities (Edmonton). This program is also being offered as a livestream option.
Behaviours that increase conflict, rather than reduce it, can occur in many different settings. Be it in legal disputes, in divorce, in the workplace, or in personal relationships, high conflict behaviour is on the rise. Understanding how to connect with, manage, and respond to high conflict personalities is critical for today’s lawyers. Lead by Michael Lomax, mediator and conflict resolution trainer, attendees will develop skills and techniques to manage high conflict situations. Gain insight and confidence when dealing with high conflict personalities.
Topics will include:
• How the human brain responds to conflict
• Understanding High Conflict Personalities (HCPs) and their cycle of thinking in conflict
• How to connect with HCPs and maintain a positive relationship with them
• How to manage our own anxiety when dealing with HCPs
• How to be assertive with HCPs
• How to respond to misinformation and set limits on their behaviour
• How to help HCPs take responsibility for resolving their own complaints
Presenter: Michael Lomax, High Conflict Institute
Webinar registration: https://www.lesaonline.org/event/dealing-with-high-conflict-personalities-livestream/
Edmonton registration: https://www.lesaonline.org/event/dealing-with-high-conflict-personalities-edmonton/
You must be signed in to add and view replies.